It is important to understand the concept of ejaculation before we discuss the problem of premature ejaculation.
Shortly after a couple engages in sexual intercourse, the man experiences the release of cum, and it is this that is referred to as ejaculation.
Premature ejaculation is a very common sexual disorder; that is likely to affect most men at least at one point in their lives.
This problem involves uncontrolled ejaculation occurring faster than the normal ejaculation time. This is likely to make the man feel embarrassed, as it is most likely to leave both the partners sexually unsatisfied.
This problem places the victim in a vicious circle. They may experience anxiety due to this problem. Facing anxiety may lead them to develop further sexual problems as well.
Diagnosing Premature Ejaculation
It is very easy to diagnose whether you suffer from this condition or not. If you experience ejaculation within a short period, then you probably have this condition. This has to happen at least a number of times. Do not panic and go rushing to the doctor if this happens just once or twice.
Treatment of Premature Ejaculation
The treatment for premature ejaculation is fairly simple. Generally, the doctor will not prescribe you with any medications. Most men will at some point face this problem.
- The best way to deal with this problem is just trying t sort it out. Just try to wait till the problem gets better. Do not worry too much about it and try not to get too anxious about it.
- If you are a regular drinker or a smoker, then try to quit as soon as possible. These factors have a great impact on the sexual and overall health. Quitting will generally help you in dealing with premature ejaculation.
- Another way to reduce the problem is trying to practice meditation and yoga. You may also practice some other relaxation techniques or try to distract yourself.
- You may also try talking to your partner and get some help from them. You may discuss problems and ways to delay the ejaculation such as using condoms or other simulation methods.
- You could also try a different sexual position which does not cause the ejaculation to occur on them. If all these solutions do not help, then you can visit a counselor with your partner to deal with the problem.
- Psychiatric medicines may also help with premature ejaculation. Antidepressants are generally good for curing the problem. It may also help with easing pains that may have occurred before.
- There are also several topical lotions and creams available. These have to be applied to the penis before engaging in sexual intercourse. They basically aim for reducing sensation in the penis so that ejaculation occurs on time.
As the name suggests delayed ejaculation is the opposite of premature ejaculation. This generally results in an inability to achieve orgasm and satisfying your partner.
Normally, a man achieves orgasm and ejaculates about seven minutes after the sexual activity begins.
With men who suffer from delayed ejaculation, it may take up to forty-five minutes.
In some bad cases, orgasm and ejaculation may not even occur.
This is not as common as premature ejaculation. The intensity of the problem can be benign, moderate, or seriously problematic.
If the problem is not too bad, then ejaculation may occur after a certain while or by some other forms of some simulation.
If the problem is moderate, then you may face little more difficulty achieving orgasm through anyway. This should definitely be a situation in which you should consult a doctor.
If the problem is really serious, you will not be able to ejaculate at all. Even masturbation will not be able to help you.
Get help from a doctor as soon as you can. This may be an indication of a more serious problem.
Causes of Delayed Ejaculation
There could be several factors responsible for delayed ejaculation. Some of the problems are listed below as:
- Alcohol and substance abuse may be a leading cause of delayed ejaculation. Even smoking can have a drastic effect on your sexual health and wellness.Be sure to quit as soon as possible if you want to fix this issue. If might develop into something a little more serious if it is not treated on time.
- Psychological and emotional factors have a great impact on the sexual health of people. If you are undergoing some hard times, then it is quite understandable that you are experiencing sexual issues.
- If you do not have enough sleep, or you stay fatigued for most of the time, then also it is quite likely that you will develop this issue. Diet and lifestyle options are also factors that you will have to keep in mind.
- Relationship problems may influence your sex life. If this is the case, you may consider talking to your partner and sorting things out.
- Masturbation can also affect the ejaculation process. If you tend to masturbate too much, your penis will be basically get desensitized. You might not be able to get aroused by your partner, and the problems will get worse.
- Injuries to the pelvic area are the leading cause of delayed ejaculation and other sexual problems. Other hormonal and thyroid issues affect your drive and ability to orgasm.
- Surgeries or congenital issues may affect your sexual wellness. If you still recovering from some injury or surgery, then you still really abstain from having sex.
Treatments For Delayed Ejaculation
Do not try to take medications such as Viagra. This is likely to worsen the problem.
Meditation is said to help with the problems of delayed ejaculation. Erect on Demand works without using medication but herbs to increase libido and stamina to delay ejaculation.
Sex therapy is said to be extremely helpful while dealing with such problems.
You may visit a professional who will advise you how to get through the process.