Both men and women have their share of sexual health problems. The reasons for them may vary greatly for both men and women. This will greatly affect a lot of aspects of a person’s life.
Facing humiliation is just one of the factors. Such problems generally affect a couple’s relationship in extreme ways.
Although most of the problems are treatable, many people do not even seek out help due to the embarrassment.
It is really important that if you notice any problem or changes in your sexual desires, you should go to a doctor.
You will be glad that you took that chance because your quality of life will improve dramatically.
Causes of Sexual Problems
There can be a great number of factors that affect a person’s sexual health. Mostly, the factors are physical and psychological. These factors include:
- Physical Reasons: Sexual health can be dramatically affected by health problems that may be long term or short term. Some of these problems include heart problems, neurological problems, diabetes, kidney and liver failure, and hormonal imbalances.
- Substance Abuse: Substance abuse is probably the greatest factor that contributes to various sexual disorders in both men and women. If you are a frequent consumer of alcohol, smoke cigarettes, or take any drugs, then it is likely that you will develop sexual desire disorders at some point in your life.
- Medicines: A lot of medications for various problems usually impact sexual desire as well.These medicines include antidepressants, painkillers, chemotherapy, etc.
- Psychological Reasons: There may be several mental issues at work too that affect your sexual wellness.These problems include depression, anxiety, stress, past trauma, etc. The anxiety and stress can be work related or personal life related. If there are problems in the relationship, then it is likely that you will not be having a very happy sexual life.
Sexual Problems in Women
The most common sexual problems affecting women particularly include:
- Lack of sexual desire is a common problem in most women due to various reasons.Some of the reasons of this include hormonal changes, medical treatments, depression, stress, tiredness and even pregnancy. If there are problems with the relationship then also women may find themselves not wanting to engage in sexual activities. If they have to continuously take care of children, then also they would face inhibitions when it comes to sex. They will want to save whatever time they to get to take some rest.Also, career can put a great amount of pressure on a person. If you keep worrying about work all the time, it is unlikely that you are going to enjoy engaging in anything else at all.
- Inability to get aroused is another common problem in women. Anxiety is a major contributor to this problem. Usually, there is insufficient lubrication of the vagina, which reduces arousal. Also, if there is not enough blood flow into the vagina and the clitoris, then arousal will generally not occur.Stimulation of the female genitals is necessary to get a woman aroused.
- Some women have an inability to achieve orgasm during sexual activities. This may be due to several reasons such as depression, anxiety, lack of arousal, health problems, and many more.
- Several women experience an abnormal pain during sexual activities.There are several reasons for this, which include ovarian cysts, endometriosis, lack of lubrication, injury, tearing of the vaginal tissue, and even STDs. Some women may also have certain traumatic past experiences that may lead them to not be interested in sex. In this case, the person should definitely consult a psychologist and get some therapy. From the Erect on Demand reviews, you will see that the advice also helps in this respect.
Diagnosing Sexual Problems
You will definitely be able to tell the differences in your body by yourself. If however, you are not too sure about what is wrong, then please go to a doctor.
These problems may be an indicator to an even bigger physical problem.
When you go to a doctor, he will generally check your pelvis for any lumps of problems. He may also check your vaginal area to make sure that you do not have any injuries or other problems.
If some deeper problem is suspected, then an ultrasound may be advised. This will reveal any cysts or even cancerous conditions that may exist.
If you do not have any physical problems, then you may also consult a mental health professional. Psychological factors are a major contributor to sexual problems.
If you are an addict or an alcoholic, then first consider quitting these substances. If you still do not see any improvement in your problems, then you may consult a doctor just to be sure.
Treatment of Sexual Problems
Treatments may vary greatly depending on the type of problem and the availability of doctors and other resources. Some efforts of treatment include:
- It is generally a good idea to spread awareness about various problems that may lead to sexual disorders. This will greatly help women in seeking help and not feeling ashamed about dealing with these problems.
- If you are unable to get aroused, you may consider gaining access to erotic materials to help with the arousal.
- Exercising generally helps in increasing blood flow to the entire body, including the genitals. This will greatly enhance arousal.It will also help you increase your strength and overcome fatigue, which may themselves contribute towards sexual problems.
Resolving issues with your partner will greatly help you in improving your sex life.
Try to get some counseling together or just try to talk things out that are straining your relationship.
If the problem is more severe, them obviously get help for that first.