Low-density lipoproteins (LDL) is also popularly known as bad cholesterol. As the name suggests, it is very harmful to one’s overall health.
Increased level of LDL in men’s blood is clear indication of something seriously wrong. Research studies from around the globe reveal shocking figures of lives lost due to a higher level of LDL found in the bodies.
Cholesterol plays a vital role in a human body. But men’s inadequacy in keeping a watch over the type of cholesterol gives major loophole to bad cholesterol.
This makes him vulnerable to almost incurable diseases and also might hamper the production of sufficient amount of testosterone.
Cholesterol: What is This Thing?
For the making of the several important hormones, substances and also for the making of vitamin D, the human body requires cholesterol.
Cholesterol is something that is somewhat waxy in appearance and is found in the various cell of a human body.
It is carried throughout human body with the help of two types of lipoproteins.
The two types are high-density lipoprotein and low-density lipoprotein.
The former is known as good cholesterol and later as bad cholesterol. They have been named so because of the function they carry out in a human body.
Functions Of Cholesterol In Human Body
- They assist in the formation of many essential substances in our body including vitamin D and several hormones
- A high-density lipoprotein that is good cholesterol is called so because it carries cholesterol from the various part of human body to the liver, from where the liver discharges them.
- Low-density lipoprotein leads to the building up of cholesterol in the arteries.
- Arteries carry out the important function of supplying blood to various parts of the human body.
What Are The Various Side-Effects Of Low And High Cholesterol On Human Body
- Chances of one’s getting a heart-related diseases increases if the level of bad cholesterol in one’s blood is more
- Likewise, chances of one’s suffering any heart conditions reduce if the level of good cholesterol that is HDL in one’s blood is higher.
- The plaque which is made up of calcium, fat, cholesterol and several other substances builds up in and narrows the arteries.
- The vital process of oxygenated blood reaching to the heart is affected by this build up of plaque.
- Bursting of this plaque could cause clotting of the blood on its surface.
- With enlarging of this clot flow of the blood diminishes and eventually can lead to heart attack.
LDL And Low Testosterone
Now that the various ways in which low cholesterol might affect a human body has been encapsulated, it becomes quite easy to understand how LDL interferes with men’s sex life.
- Low testosterone results due to reduced flow of blood to the penis.
- This keeps them from achieving proper or say desired erection.
- And in cases where men do achieve an erection, the erection does not last for long.
- Low production of testosterone also affects men’s sperm production.
As now we know how cholesterol chokes the way of arteries, thereby making the flow of blood to various parts of human body including genitals difficult, the harmful effects of low cholesterols as heard before does not sound overrated.
Some Highly Effective Ways To Cut Down Your Cholesterol Level
Cholesterol is dangerous and one of the most undesirable health issue one would ever want to face, and there’s no denying to that. But it could also be very easily and smartly reduced if one follows a routine program that is strictly designed to cut down on one’s cholesterol level also known as LDL.
Also, men with the issue of cholesterol must frequently go for his blood tests as it will reveal what and how much more effort he needs to exert.
Highly effective and economical ways of working on the building up of good cholesterol in one’s body are:
- Consume food items rich in fibers. Some examples are black beans, yams, oats, sweet potatoes, carrots, apricots, oranges, apples, etc. fiber rich eatables are found to be excellent when dealing with cholesterol issue.
- Say no to dietary cholesterol, saturated fats and trans-fats. Watch your plate, and the cholesterol in the items you are opting.
- Engage yourself in physical activities. Tons of research studies conducted to find out the benefits of physical activities reveals that physical activities help in almost all types of health issues.
- Plant sterols are said to be effective in lowering cholesterol level.
Combating The Issue Of Cholesterol
As opposed to many diseases and issues that require a huge amount of time and money for their treatment, combating cholesterol could be rather easy and economical.
As always before you chart out certain routine and diet for yourself it’s advisable to consult a doctor.
The idea of working out and lowering the levels of cholesterol will not only safeguard you from heart diseases but also from other ailments.
Say Yes To A Happy Life
According to the various studies, working out on your cholesterol level also leaves one highly rejuvenated and impressively alters their outlook towards life.
Since lower cholesterol means reduced risk of suffering a heart attack, one can also hope to enjoy one’s sex life which bad cholesterol so drastically threatens to destroy.
With the coming of good changes comes good times, more productivity and certainly lesser stress.